Workshop 3: August 18, 2023: Handling the Post-Operative Heart
Content for this workshop will become available on August 18, 2023. If you would like to register for all four 2023 August Workshops at the bundled rate, please visit this link.
The education design of this activity addresses the needs of physicians and scientists in the field of pediatric, perinatal and general pathology who are involved in the diagnosis and/or treatment of pediatric patients with pathologic disorders.
- Apply the segmental analysis of the heart as a systematic approach in the evaluation of autopsy and explanted heart specimens.
- Recognize the various surgical materials and devices encountered in post-operative hearts or received separately in the surgical pathology bench.
- Identify important features to look for and report in post-operative hearts.
- Integrate the anatomic diagnoses and appearance of surgical sites to provide meaningful feedback to surgical/clinical colleagues.
- 2.00 ABPATH Lifelong Learning
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 2.00 Participation Credit(s)